I made up my mind!
For months now, I've been trying to figure out what I want to study. My options are to get a Masters degree or take Nursing. The reason I want to get a Masters degree is coz I'm really interested in Psychology and I want to further my studies in that field. BUT, I'm taking that up is gonna be expensive. As for Nursing, I like it coz it's close to my initial plan which was taking up Medicine (I took up BS Psychology for college as a pre-med but plans changed). The good thing about it is it's in demand and the salary is good. The bad thing is that I'd have to memorize a lot again.
I've been talking to my mom about this thing for weeks ... actually, months. She's always been supportive of me. Her advice was to check on both ... do some reading about what each entails and see where my heart is. She even said to consider sitting in Tita Nimia's class to see "up close" what a nurse does. FRI: Tita Nimia is a nurse and also a professor (she teaches some classes for Nursing)
Last night, I had a talk with Tita Nimia after dinner about this. She said that if I'm worried about high grades ... stop worrying coz what matters in Nursing is that you pass (but knowing me, I'm gonna be competitive once more). She also said that it's easy to get work after studying as long as I pass the board. About tuition fees, she said that if I worked in the hospital, the hospital will reimburse my tuition fee.
Also, before sleeping, Kat & I talked. Kat has been my friend since 1st year/freshman year college. We've been groupmates for a million times. Anyways, Kat currenly lives in Nevada where she started taking up Nursing last year. (or at least the pre-requisites). I asked for her opinion and thought on my so-called dilemma. While talking, we reminisced about the good old days then we remembered we had something in common. We both took Psychology as a pre-med course but we both decided not to go into Med School. hehe. So, I asked her a lot of questions, but the more important and "defining" question was "Kaya ko kaya?" to which she replied something like this "Ninna! Kilala kita! Magkasama tayo buong college at kagroup pa kita sa thesis! Kaya mo noh! Matalino ka kaya! Kaya mo yun noh!"
After hearing that, I sorta made my mind ... I'm gonna take up Nursing. As much as possible, I don't want to take any loan coz I don't like owing people money but if I have to, I will. My goal is to go back to school by 2007. I just need to fix some things this year but 2007 ... I'm definitely going back to school.

1 Comments:
goodluck cuzin!! kaya mo yan :)
Post a Comment
<< Home